Sunday 16 November 2014

INKspired Blog Hop - Vivid Vases

INKspired Artists Blog Hop #5

You may have just "hopped" here from Kabrina. If you have, welcome to our 5th blog hop - and my first ever blog hop post!! It's wonderful to be a part of this creative collection and I can't wait for the next one :) Be sure to hop all the way around and see everyone's beautiful creations. 

I decided to tip this weeks layout on it's side and wanted to incorporate a colour I haven't used before -  Stampin' Up!s Wisteria Wonder with the Vivid Vases stamp from the Annual Catalogue. Oh, and it's my first attempt at using blendabilities, too! Not too shabby for a first go, huh?


Stamping with a friend is always fun and making this card with my new Stampin' Up! buddy was no exception! It's always great to get to see how another crafter goes about designing a card. I always start with the stamped image and choose papers to co-ordinate, while she selects all the paper she wants to use first and goes from there ... interesting!



Next stop on the blog hop is the amazingly talented Louise, with her interpretation of this week's sketch ...


Thanks for hopping here, hope to see you again next week. 
Lissa x

Here is a list of the items I used to make my card. Press on the image to be taken to my online shop.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog hop. Your colours have all come together beautifully and love those vases which I don't have


    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lissa your card is lovely and blendies work so well with this set. Welcome to our blog hop and hope you enjoy many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lissa! Excellent work for your first hop! Be warned it's additive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you blogging! And getting creative with the sketch, I like the card flipped on its side. Welcome and well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks fellow hoppers! Can't wait for the next one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your clean lines and use of colours, you have such a good eye when it comes to colour. Love your blendie work and that you got creative and turned the sketch to create a landscape look, perfect for the vivid vases - are they sure are vivid! :)
    Great job with blogging, so nice to have you join the blog hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lou, and thanks for all your support, it really means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay welcome to the hop! I love your colour combo and your colouring! I never would have thought to colour that way I always colour the whole image but I LOVE how you left parts uncoloured or coloured lightly what great affect it has!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Lissa to the blog hop & your card is lovely. Love how you coloured the vases and the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to diving into the 'INKspired Blog Hop - Vivid Vases'! It's always inspiring to see the creative interpretations and techniques shared by talented artists. Can't wait to be inspired by the vibrant and imaginative vases showcased in this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik